SEO

Sorry! for being so late as I was busy with my other work. Anyways, I have written few statements explaining SEO.

What is SEO?

SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a process of improving the position of a web pages in search engines. This is the process of making a website 'search engine friendly'. Search Engine Optimization is primarily used to increase rankings in SERP's (Search Engine Result Page's) & effective SEO can increase the potential of your website & bring in more traffic.
Here are some famous search engines :

  1. Google
  2. Yahoo!
  3. MSN
  4. Alexa
  5. Ask

Need for Search Engine Optimization

It is very difficult for any company to take consideration how well it's website will rank in search engines & directories. There are many steps that a company must take in order to maximize a websites success in search engines & directories. Many people think of search engine & directories as the same thing. In reality there is a big difference between them.

One of the first things to understand is the difference between search & engines & directories which I will tell u in my next post.

2 comments:

  Lalit Sharma

June 22, 2008 at 8:50 PM

good information for new comers.

Good Abhijit

  Muhammed

December 9, 2008 at 2:50 AM

Hi Abhijeet, I am new to your blog. Its quite interesting. I will be contacting you for some advises. tahnks